Skip to content
Tips to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
- Drink lots of water and avoid drinks sweetened with sugar.
- Limit the intake of cakes, pies, cookies and candy, only a few bites or a very small portion when desired.
- Eat three meals a day, avoid saving up for one large meal.
- Avoid going to parties and events hungry, eat a healthy snack prior to going.
- Moderation is the KEY, avoid eating large portions of food or piling up your plate.
- Don’t get to busy or forget to take your medicines. Please take your medicine everyday as prescribed by your doctor.
- Eat at least a cup of vegetables with lunch and dinner, this will increase your fiber intake and help you stay full longer. It is okay to eat vegetables at breakfast also.
- Include some activity in your day, be intentional about moving more.
- Try to limit fried and fatty foods, they add lots of calories to your diet.
- Do enjoy some of your favorite foods, but do so in moderation.