4 lbs collard greens
1 tsp. black pepper
3 cups low-salt, low-fat chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 medium onions (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Wash and cut greens and place in a large stockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and enough water to cover.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally (until desired tenderness)
- The flavors will blend more if you let the greens sit after cooking.
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
3 lb chicken breast (or parts of chicken you desire)
1 cup % or skim milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion power
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
1/8 tsp red pepper
1 cup flour, cornflake crumbs, or bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in milk, heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients
- Coat each piece of chicken with flour mixture, discard remaining flour.
- Place chicken in baking pan. Spray top of chicken with cooking oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 cup green pepper (sliced)
1 cup yellow pepper (sliced)
1 cup Red Pepper (sliced)
2 cups sweet onion (sliced)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir-fry chicken with garlic and half of teriyaki sauce until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add peppers, onions, and other half of teriyaki sauce to skillet.
- Stir-fry vegetables until crisp-tender. Add water to prevent sticking.
- Add chicken. *Serve over rice or noodles
Serves 4; Serving sizes: 1 ½ cup
Sweet Potato Pie
1 – 9 inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 – 4 oz can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
½ cup egg substitute
1 cup Splenda or sugar substitute desired.
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake the sweet potatoes for about one hour or until soft.
- Cool, peel and place in mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth
- Add egg substitute and mix until well blended.
- Add condensed milk, spices, spices and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.